You can control your Viva lights and devices through an Amazon Echo by connecting the two. To use the Viva skill, you must enable the skill("Powered by Viva") through the Alexa app. When you do this, you will be prompted to securely sign in using your Viva account information to set up the connection.
The following operations are currently supported:
- Turning devices on and off
- Dimming devices to a certain level
- Increase/decrease brightness by 25%
- Setting color of a light bulb
- Setting color warmer/colder
- Set temperature of a smart heater
In addition, by using the Alexa grouping functionality, devices can be controlled as a group.
Example commands that Viva/Alexa will understand:
- "Alexa, turn on the kitchen light"
- "Alexa, dim the kitchen light to fifty percent"
- "Alexa, turn off living room lights"
- "Alexa, make the living room lights brighter
- "Alexa, set the office lights to light blue"
- "Alexa, make the office lights warmer"
- "Alexa, set the office heater to 25 degrees"