Viva actually supports three types of smart door locks:
Remote control from the app if the user respects the following conditions
- The user has a "Normal" user role
- The user has a "Child" or "Visitor" user role and is located inside the home zone
- When the alarm is armed
- When all users leave home
- When the home is asleep
Automatic disarming of the alarm
- When the lock is unlocked
Automatic locking after timeout
It is possible to set a maximum unlocked time after which the lock will lock back automatically. Go in the device settings and select the wanted timeout. This only works if the door is registered as closed, either by the door lock or by a door sensor.
Automatic unlocking when a user comes back home
This feature, once enabled in the lock settings, will allow the lock to automatically unlock when a user comes back the home. This comes with a locking timeout for security reasons.
Alarm keyfob used for direct control of a lock
- When the user comes back home, he presses the button to disarm the alarm and unlock the door at the same time. Both actions are instantaneous.
- If the alarm is already armed, but the lock is unlocked because of an external action, pressing the arm button will lock the door. No need to open the app.
- If the alarm is already disarmed, but the lock is locked, pressing the disarm button will unlock the door. No need to open the app.