The sleep state is triggered when all users are in their bedrooms and the system can go in save mode for heating and turn off the lights.
Viva saves an expected sleep time of the home in order to confirm when users are actually asleep. There are two ways that this planned sleep is defined:
- AI schedule: Viva learns overtime when will the home goes to sleep. This is the default way to generate this schedule.
- Manual schedule: The users can choose to override specific values in the schedule, such as the sleep time (More info here: Article on thermostat schedule)
Real home conditions
With the help of sensors, the system will detect when all users are asleep. This is accurately done when the following conditions are all fulfilled:
- No motion for 1 hour outside of bedrooms
- Planned sleep time has been reached
- Home is occupied - The system will not detect sleep if the home is empty