What heat sources can Viva control?
Viva currently has hardware support for wall-mounted panel heaters and radiators.
The Viva learning thermostat lets you to divide your home into Heat zones. Heat zones are groups of heating controllers (like radiator thermostat valves) that are controlled together from the thermostat tab in the app and use data from one or more temperature sensors in the Heat zone.
By default, Viva groups all heat sources into one Heat zone, but by selecting Settings->Heat zones from the menu, you can divide your home into several zones. Click "Add heat zone" and select the rooms you want to include in the Heat zone. A new Heat zone requires a minimum of 1 sensor and 1 heat source.
Because Viva requires a source of temperature data to control heating, there is currently no way to directly control a single heat source without an integrated sensor.
- Comfort - Standard mode. Sets home to target temperature in the app.
- Away - Is used if user leave home outside work hours. Sets home to save mode.
- Sleep - Is used if home has gone to sleep. Sets home to save mode.
- Work - Is used if user is at work. Sets home to save mode.
- Vacation - Is used if user sets vacation under save mode.
Standard temperature for Away is current target temperature minus 2 degrees. Standard temperature for Sleep & Work is current target temperature minus 4 degrees. Standard temperature for Vacation is 14 degrees celsius.
The different heating modes is activated by location, motion and your schedule and will control the target temperatures accordingly.